It was a lower budget film based on the idea of 50's sci-fi flicks. So the film was sent in the 50's era and they even went so far as to have the creature and creature design after the 50's monster movies. In fact the movie was suppose to be a lost film from the 50's, or so goes the marketing for it.
There was 5 of us working on this project creating the suit. I helped as a sculptor, mold maker, foam runner, foam seamer, painter(bottom tentacles only), and also did the finishing vein and silicone work on the suit. I was also involved heavily with the design and creation of the under structure of the suit.
The suit had an animatronic eye, which I was only involved in the installation, not fabrication. It also had rod controlled tentacles on the top of the head.
There was some issues with the foam run sticking to the core, but eventually it all came together, and I really liked the out come! It really does give you that 50's feeling, and the production really liked the end result as well!
Here are some pics of the finished suit, enjoy!
Lastly here is the tip (sculpoted by me) of extending tentacle that came out of the back of the alien. I didn't get a shot of where it sat/came out of due to the fact the back side was unavailable when I took my pics sorry!