Thursday, March 19, 2015

Hello again!! Older work from Rise of the Planet of the Apes..

Wow, it has been sometime!! Man I can't believe I didn't post once in 2014!!!??  WTF!!!? Guess I was just too busy with work... ;).

Back in 2009-2010 I worked on a  little film called 'Rise of the planet of the Apes'. It was amazing to say the least, but in the end was 99.9999% pure CGI what you saw on the screen. For all the work I did on this film, I didn't have any personal pics. Recently though I came across 2 pictures showing the 2 suits we built for the show. A gorilla and and chimp. We also made a baby chimp (animatronic) but I have no pics to show of that.

For the gorilla build, I helped sculpt the hands and chest. I helped mold the hands, feet, chest and head. I headed the foam runs for the various parts, which I helped seam. I also worked on the finishing and placement of the teeth.

For the chimp I helped sculpt and mold the body. I sculpted the feet myself. I help with other mold as well. Again I headed the foam runs for the suit and various parts and helped seam the foam as well.

All in all the suits turned out very nice. Wish I had some close up shots to share the great detail that was put in...



No comments: